VARSITY 2016 – Bangor have have taken winning lead ahead of Men’s Football final

Hello and welcome to our live coverage of Varsity 2016! We’ll have all the latest scores and updates coming out here and on our Twitter @abersmSports, so tweet us your photos and scores and come along to Bar Uno on the Bangor University Campus to share some thoughts with us and even jump on a mic with Storm FM!

Jake Foxford April 16, 20164:58 pm

We’ll be ending our coverage here and turning to twitter for the final, so check out @abersmsports for the last of the today’s action! Thank you for joining us!

Jake Foxford April 16, 20164:49 pm

LIVE SCORE: ABER 7 – 21 BANGOR

A final score report from Rugby Union tells the true story of an Aber stompming with the score ending 32-8! Cracking lads!
Jake Foxford April 16, 20164:42 pm

LIVE SCORE: ABER 7 – 21 BANGOR

The men finally claim a point for Aber with a tight win in the Rugby Union! We’re al gearing up for an electrifying final at Bangor University Stadium now, so get excited and tune into Bay Radio/Storm FM for live commentary on the Men’s Football final with colour commentary from Gaz Horton and Alex Hubbard of ASM!
Jake Foxford April 16, 20164:36 pm

LIVE SCORE: ABER 6 – 20 BANGOR

ABER TAKE ANOTHER WIN IN DANCE! Yet more score complications led to us misreporting the Dance result but we can now confirm that Aber take the Dance crown today to make it 21-6. There is still some confusion to where and when all the results will be in but be assured you can find all the latest here and on our twitter @abersmsports!
Jake Foxford April 16, 20164:25 pm

LIVE SCORE: ABER 5 – 21 BANGOR

With some final scores petering in ahead of the Men’s Football we at ASM would like to congratulate our winners again: well done to Women’s Lacrosse, Badminton and Netball, Equestrian and Cheerleading. The latest win for Bangor by our count is the now-tabulated Dance score.
Jake Foxford April 16, 20164:07 pm

LIVE SCORE: ABER 5 – 20 BANGOR

With the score settling for a moment it seems the mountain may be too tall to climb after wins for Bangor in Women’s Basketball, Rugby League and Athletics. Let’s see what we can take back home for pride in the remaining fixtures.
Jake Foxford April 16, 20163:43 pm

LIVE SCORE: ABER 7? – 19? BANGOR

As the score continue to flood in we’re being given contradictory information that could make the score as high as 19-7. Athletics has finished 142-130 in favour of Bangor, and latest from Rugby Union is that Aber have extended their lead to 19-3!
Jake Foxford April 16, 20163:35 pm

LIVE SCORE: ABER 5 – 17 BANGOR

Two more Bangor wins from Fencing and Women’s Football leave Aber at the end of the trail to keep their fate in their hands; we now need to win every remaining fixture.
Jake Foxford April 16, 20163:27 pm

LIVE SCORE: ABER 5 – 15 BANGOR

ANOTHER WIN FROM THE WOMENS TEAMS! Lacrosse wrap up a tense win at 8-7 for the fifth Tim/Team Aber win!
Jake Foxford April 16, 20163:24 pm

LIVE SCORE: ABER 4 – 15 BANGOR

The scores for the Dancesport and Showdance competitions are currently being tabulated so we’ll know very soon who has walked away with the spoils there.
Jake Foxford April 16, 20163:23 pm

LIVE SCORE: ABER 4 – 15 BANGOR

43-15 to Bangor in the Women’s Basketball right now, still plenty of time for a fightback, go on girls!
Jake Foxford April 16, 20163:21 pm

LIVE SCORE: ABER 4 – 14 BANGOR

It’s soon to be 4 – 15 as Bangor seal the Netball 2nd’s game with an 18-34 victory.
Jake Foxford April 16, 20163:20 pm

LIVE SCORE: ABER 4 – 14 BANGOR

The fourth Aber win for those who were wondering came from Women’s Badminton’s 1st’s. Congrats team, that’s how it’s done!
Jake Foxford April 16, 20163:19 pm

LIVE SCORE: ABER 4 – 14 BANGOR

Currently 7-3 to Aber in the Union game after a penalty kick form Bangor.
Jake Foxford April 16, 20163:18 pm

LIVE SCORE: ABER 4 – 14 BANGOR

All fixtures are now underway except for the main event, Men’s Football. We can expect a slew or results to come your way so keep an eye on all our feeds for more from Tim/Team Aber!
Jake Foxford April 16, 20163:16 pm

LIVE SCORE: ABER 4 – 14 BANGOR

Men’s Rugby: ABER TRY! I’m being told by our reporters that the crowd are going wild!
Jake Foxford April 16, 20163:13 pm

LIVE SCORE: ABER 3 – 14 BANGOR

Conditions and scorelines have been getting worse for Aber on Treborth playing fields with Women’s Rugby concluding at 32-0, and league’s latest score update being 20-10 to Bangor. Men’s Rugby Union are about to take to the field…
Jake Foxford April 16, 20163:09 pm

LIVE SCORE: ABER 3 – 14 BANGOR

In the brief TV cutaway and media lunch Bangor have raced up three more event wins taking their total to 14 and for the first time going them more than a 10-point lead,
Jake Foxford April 16, 20162:49 pm

LIVE SCORE: ABER 3 – 11 BANGOR

American Football now at 18-0 to Bangor, we can only will our boys to break their scoreless spell and not leave with a bagel.
Jake Foxford April 16, 20162:39 pm

LIVE SCORE: ABER 3 – 11 BANGOR

Women’s Rugby: currently 22-0 to Bangor but because of the constant rolling injuries we’re not even at half time yet.
Jake Foxford April 16, 20162:36 pm

LIVE SCORE: ABER 3 – 11 BANGOR

Remember guys to check out @abersmSports on Twitter for even more live coverage, and interviews will be coming up throughout the day along with updates from Bay TV, check them out on Facebook!
Jake Foxford April 16, 20162:33 pm

LIVE SCORE: ABER 3 – 11 BANGOR

Women’s Rugby has again resumed after the fourth injury of the game. Best of luck to the girls.
Jake Foxford April 16, 20162:28 pm

LIVE SCORE: ABER 3 – 11 BANGOR

Reports confirmed: Bangor have shut down Squash with the same result as last year, a 4-1 home win.
Jake Foxford April 16, 20162:26 pm

LIVE SCORE: ABER 3 – 11? BANGOR

Reports coming from Bangor’s Student Media, Seren, that they have clinched another tie but so far no result has come in to confirm this. Are you watching Bangor celebrate their new victory? Clue us in!
Jake Foxford April 16, 20162:14 pm

LIVE SCORE: ABER 3 – 10 BANGOR

ANOTHER delay for the Women’s Rugby. Jim Corbett tells us the Aber prop is lying down recieving treatment for an injury. We’re expecting a big delay in the kick-off for the men’s fixture at this rate.
Jake Foxford April 16, 20162:13 pm

LIVE SCORE: ABER 3 – 10 BANGOR

Rowing was a whitewash with a 2-0 victory for Bangor. The competition was indoors and we would love to hear from the team to find out how close it was, and would we have seen a different result if it has been on Aber’s high Irish Seas?
Jake Foxford April 16, 20162:08 pm

LIVE SCORE: ABER 3 – 10 BANGOR

Lots of games underway right now, selections include 14-0 to Bangor at the American Football, Hockey Women’s 1st is going well at 1-0 to Aber, and the Womens Rugby is still at four injuries and 15-0 to Bangor.
Jake Foxford April 16, 20162:03 pm

LIVE SCORE: ABER 3 – 10 BANGOR

We’ve passed the quarter-mark for games finished now and Aber take their third win in the Netball 1st match 13-9, fantastic job girls!
Jake Foxford April 16, 20161:59 pm

LIVE SCORE: ABER 2 – 8 BANGOR

Wins coming up everywhere for Bangor including a big win for Basketball with a 112-51 beating and there’s some work to be done by the teams in action, American Football, Women’s Rugby and Men’s League are currently behind.
Jake Foxford April 16, 20161:52 pm

LIVE SCORE: ABER 2 – 5 BANGOR

We’re being told that Aber have clinched the cheerleading, congrats team, let’s build on that momentum!
Jake Foxford April 16, 20161:36 pm
LIVE SCORE: ABER 1 – 5 BANGOR

Bangor take the Women’s Hockey 2nd fixture with a 9-1 win, giving them a four point lead in the overall scoring.
Jake Foxford April 16, 20161:22 pm
LIVE SCORE: ABER 1 – 4 BANGOR

We wish a speedy recovery to the Aber’s rugby Union captain and we understand the game is once again underway, good luck girls!
Jake Foxford April 16, 20161:14 pm
LIVE SCORE: ABER 1 – 4 BANGOR

American Football is underway, Women’s Rugby is underway, and there’s points everywhere in the ongoing matches of badminton, basketball and netball! Stay tuned and keep an eye on Twitter @abersmSports for more updates!
Jake Foxford April 16, 20161:01 pm

LIVE SCORE: ABER 1 – 4 BANGOR

I’ve been informed that Golf was actually won by Bangor earlier in the week, sorry for the misinformation guys!

Jake Foxford April 16, 201612:58 pm

LIVE SCORE: ABER 2 – 3 BANGOR

Basketball currently at 54-25 to Bangor, exciting end to end play from both teams though! Bangor take a point in both Pole and Triathlon, the second due to Aber being unable to field a competitor.
Jake Foxford April 16, 201612:50 pm

LIVE SCORE: ABER 2 – 1 BANGOR

Women’s Rugby: Reporter Jim Corbett is telling us that an Aber payer has stretched her neck in a tackle but the player is protesting that she is fine, paramedics currently not letting her move while they check her over.
Jake Foxford April 16, 201612:42 pm

LIVE SCORE: ABER 2 – 1 BANGOR

It’s 35-17 to Bangor at Canolfan Brailsford in the Men’s Basketball, come on Aber!
Jake Foxford April 16, 201612:37 pm

LIVE SCORE: ABER 2 – 1 BANGOR

Update on that Women’s Rugby injury, we’re being told the delay is ongoing and that someone has suffered a back injury, we’ll bring you more as we know it.
Jake Foxford April 16, 201612:31 pm
LIVE SCORE: ABER 2 – 1 BANGOR

Aber have just clinched the 100m sprint! Great job guys, good luck for the rest of the events!

American Football has a delayed kick off due to Aber not having a coach, we’ll bring you more as this develops.
Jake Foxford April 16, 201612:26 pm

LIVE SCORE: ABER 2 – 1 BANGOR

Latest updates include a live score of 27-13 in the Men’s Basketball fixture, and a stoppage for injury at the Women’s Rugby Union match. We’ll bring you more as this develops.
Jake Foxford April 16, 201612:23 pm

With the first of Saturday’s fixtures concluded, Men’s Hockey 2nd’s showdown came out as a 4-0 Bangor win, making the score Aber 2 – 1 Bangor, thanks to the performances of Golf and Equestrian earlier in the week!