From sports to snakes – Bay 24 set to take over Aber SU next Friday

SPORTS clubs? Charity events? Prizes? Beers? Music? DJ’s? Challenges? Actual snakes? And all for 24 hours? It’s Bay Radio’s second-ever Bay 24!

In aid of Sport Relief, Aber Student Media are taking over the Students Union Friday 11th March to Saturay 12th March, 9am to 9am, and it’s going to be packed every hour!

Bay 24 poster

We’ve got loads of stuff for you guys to check out, and ever more surprises on the day. Broadcasting live for every minute from the Main Room of the Union is Bay Radio, where you can hear takeovers from resident hosts and sports clubs taking on challenges to discover in the wake of the Superteams weekend who really is the best spots club in Tim/Team Aber!

If you’re there during the day, you can check out the sports clubs giving their time for a great cause. There’ll be charity stalls with loads of teams, but one for you guys now is the Men’s Football team taking donations for a leg waxing; pulling the strip off yourself is optional, but would you really want to miss out?

Instead of paying literally hundreds of pennies to go to Borth to see their animals, come up to see their snakes and reptiles in the Main Room for the day. We asked for the biggest things they could bring after they said no to having a Leopard Petting Zoo, and all things considered that was probably a good call.

At only £3 on the door, and all our proceeds for everything going directly to Sports Relief; we’re trying to raise even more than we did last year and reach our £2400 total, so get donating here on our charity page!

As the evening rolls in you’ll be able to hear some fantastic sets from locals Adam Sale & the Modern Age MarinersLászló Xavia, ASM’s very own Jim Corbett, Mollyanna Band, and the wonderful Leena Ojala, and as if that wasn’t enough we’ve got set after set from DJs taking us from 10pm all the way to 4am!

Through the twilight hours, and through to the sunrise, we’ll be back on the radio giving you the advice you need at this witching hour, acting as Agony Aunt for all our listeners and bringing the hype for England v Wales in the Union in just a few hours. And all of this with a 24 hour bar!

Remember to check out our Facebook event here and we will see you for our biggest ever event!

Oh yeah, and if all of this hasn’t put you in the mood to raise some money and have a real good time, here’s our promo video to get you in the mood…