THE FESTIVE season is known for being a glorious time of parties and good food. Social gatherings, especially at this time of year, tend to be a time to dress up to the nines, which is all the more reason to add a bit of glitter. Here are five simple ways to add that little bit of sparkle needed for you to shine at whatever parties you go to this Christmas:
- A glittery dress. This is an absolute must have. The perfect dress is one that you can wear throughout Christmas/New Year and then wear after to any parties you are invited to after that. Not only should you be able to re-wear it, but it is an added bonus if you can adapt it to dress down if you are going somewhere less fancy. But, if you find a dress you love and will wear to every party of the season, then by all means get it, love it and wear it! All the shops are currently showcasing their party-wear, so there is a lot of choice to suit all budgets and figures. I have perused a wide selection of dresses to give you my favourite of the season which is a multi-coloured sequinned number from V by Very, available on Littlewoods in sizes 8-18.
- Hair pins. Incorporating glitter can be done subtly. You can do this through adding a pretty hair clip in your hair. This is a simple but effective way to add a touch of sparkle, especially if you are at work, or are wearing a duller coloured outfit. Accessorize have some gorgeous hair accessories, including these Lady Grace hair pins.
- Shoes. What better way to wear glitter, than on your feet? There are lots of sparkly heels out at the moment, but why should you be limited to wearing glitter just at night? Save your feet, and invest in these sparkly slippers to bring the glitter to the day time – anytime. Wear at work, to lunch with your granny, or to drinks with the girls. Available in sizes 36-42.
- If you are going out and you don’t want to be dressed top to toe in glitter, you could just put on some funky nail varnish. Barry M is 3 for 2 in Superdrug, which means, in addition to the Masquerade glitter polish, you can choose two more. For a mere £2.99 per bottle, three is more than enough to see you through the festive season, and well into January. Sparkly nails are so easy to do, and will remind you of the happiness of the season.
- If you are going out, and you want to spice up a dull outfit, you can do so with the addition of a funky clutch bag. This one, from River Island, has different colours in a zig zag pattern broken up with a shimmering stripe. The bag comes with the optional handle to use if you so desire.
Hopefully, this has helped you think of ways to add some sparkle to help embrace the festive cheer.