New May Ball acts confirmed for Union Main Stage

May-Ball-headerDate

THE LINE UP for the main stage in the Union has just been announced for May Ball. The acts have been confirmed as The Pigeon Detectives (DJ Set), Varski & R3wire,  and All About She. This is in addition to the already confirmed acts for the Main Stage in Aberystwyth Arts Centre and the acts confirmed for Cwtch Bar. Details for all the previously announced acts can be found in Aberystwyth Student Media’s announcement article. Here is a brief preview for each of the newly announced acts for the Main Room in the Union.

The Pigeon Detectives (DJ Set)

The Pigeon Detectives have grown in prominence since their conception in 2004. The indie rock band having released 4 albums and11 singles in that time. With their biggest album, Wait for Me reaching number 3 in the UK chart. They had been at many festivals, including Glastonbury and really will  be something for the Main Room of the Union. Recently, the band released their fourth album, We Met At Sea and have toured extensively across the UK, Europe and Russia.

Varski & R3wire

Secondly, Varski & R3wire are also going to be in the Main Room. Combining the skills of two DJs, this Drum and Base Duo will take to the stage. There work includes both mainstream sets and more underground sounds too. This has been helped by the fact they have worked closely with Ministry of Sound and MTV to create a quality sound.

All About She

Finally, All About She are a trio and consist of two record producers James Tadgell and John Clare, and singer Vanya Taylor. Having been signed to Tine Tempah’s record label they have worked with some of the biggest names in the genre,  including Dizzee Rascal and W Brown. They have recently released their first record, with Higher (Free) which reached number 5 on the UK Dance Chart.

More information and analysis of the line up will be coming soon to ASM. Stay up to date on all the news regarding May Ball, through our on-going ASM coverage.