Varsity 2014 & ASM: Team Aber aiming to make it two years in a row

Varsity

VARSITY is coming back to Aberystwyth: and it’s just one day away! Team Aber are raring to go and are looking to build on last year’s success to become the first team in the Welsh Varsity to defend their title against Bangor.

The two universities will be competing across 32 events at 11 venues around the town and the whole of Aber will be willing our team to victory.

Both table tennis and the rugby union seconds will miss out as Bangor could not field a team, but there are several new events that bring societies into the Varsity fold. English and Creative Writing, for example, are hosting a Poetry Slam, although this result will not count towards the overall score.

If you want to keep up to date with the action throughout the day, then Aber Student Media is the place to be! On our website, we’ll be keeping you involved in all the action with minute-by-minute updates via our live blog, as well as through our hourly reviews.

Bay TV will be broadcasting regular updates as soon as the scores come in, featuring highlights of the action as well as interviews with the players and captains of Team Aber. We’ll be live streaming the main match: the Rugby fixture which begins at 5pm will be played live in Cwtch.

Bay Radio will be broadcasting live in the Union all day. Our radio DJs will be playing some huge tunes out of the confines of the studio, giving you all the chance to see Bay Radio in action! Tune in at www.bay-radio.co.uk or come down to the Union where we’re playing out.

And that’s not all! If you just can’t get enough of Varsity, then tune into Bay Radio on Monday from 1-3, when our Sports Editor Sam Meadows will be interviewing a whole host of the team captains and Union officers Liv Prewett and Ioan Rhys Evans.

We’ll also be publishing a full Varsity Courier, which you’ll be able to pick up late next week from around the Union and University.

If you love Team Aber then Aber Student Media is the place to be on Saturday as they bring the trophy home!

You can join in the conversation online by using #jointhedragons