Bay TV documentaries to feature on Community Channel

THE COMMUNITY Channel will feature two Bay TV documentaries this tomorrow (16th) at 8pm (on sky539, virgin media 233, freeview 87, freesat 651 and BT Vision) as a of the ‘Do Something Brilliant’ campaign for this year’s Brilliant Britain series.

St Davids DayIn February, Media Trust (the national communications charity) announced the launch of the three-year flagship campaign with the Community Channel, sponsored by the Big Lottery Fund,  which provides a platform for charities, communities and individuals throughout the UK to tell their stories and encourage, as well as inspire viewers to do the little things that make a big difference.

With the focus for this season being themes ‘do something brilliant’ and ‘do something green’, Bay TV produced two documentaries which will be featured on Brilliant Britain tomorrow evening; the St. David’s Day Parade, presented by Joe Smith, and Aberystwyth Botany Gardens, presented by Mitch Rushton. Both documentaries are set to be released in full on the BayTv’s Youtube channel after the episode airs.

Each year the channel broadcasts over five hundred new programmes and hundreds of community stories. Around a million individuals watch the channel across its platforms on a monthly basis. The episode will be available on BBC iPlayer and will be uploaded to Youtube after its broadcast.

TV Manager Rhian Hughes expressed her delight with Bay TV’s work being chosen to feature in the episode, and said that she was proud of how far BayTv has come in a matter of months.

“Being involved with a national television company has not only proven that Bay TV can be noticed by the Aberystwyth community, but also receive recognition from the United Kingdom as a whole,” said Hughes, “it shows that with hard work and dedication, the sky is the limit for Bay TV.”

When sharing her thoughts on the work that went into producing the documentaries, she said: “We picked the two best days for filming, the sun was out on both occasions and it was absolutely beautiful. Filming went smoothly and I am grateful for my team and everyone who took part in this venture, they never let me down.

“Aber Student Media has accomplished a lot this academic year, and this is an example of more to come.”

Bay TV has also been asked to cover the Wales One World Film Festival, which starts on Friday 21st March.

More information on the ‘Do Something Brilliant Campaign’ can be found here.