Voting open: All the information you need

TODAY concluded the Question Time events for full and part-time officer position for the 2014 Students’ Union Spring Elections and voting has officially opened.

get-involved-logoAber Student Media’s Elections Team have live streamed and live blogged the full time officer positions: Activities Officer, Welfare Officer, Education Officer and UMCA President/Welsh Affairs Correspondent, and Students’ Union President.

Roundup reports are also available for the Question Time events for the part-time officer positions: LGBT+ Officer, Welsh Language Officer, and Union Chair, Deputy Welfare Officer, Sports Officer and Societies Officer, NUS UK Delegates, NUS Wales Delegates and International Officer.

In addition to this, ASM covered the Presidential Candidate Debate which was hosted by the Aberystwyth Debating Union last night, and streamed and reported on the UMCA hustings which were held in Pantycelyn this evening (also available for playback).

On Monday (3rd) ASM held interviews on Bay Radio with the candidates running in this year’s SU elections, which are available here.

Now that voting has opened, we would like to encourage all students to get their votes in to enable you to have a say in who runs your Union and represents you for the next academic year.

At the start of the elections period, ASM held interviews with a few of the incumbent full time officers and current SU President Ioan Rhys Evans, to talk us through why their roles are relevant to students, and why students should vote.

Manifestos for all candidates can be found here.

Information on the Elections Team and ASM’s regulation on coverage can be found here.