Tenants unhurt after Cambrian Street kitchen fire

Photo by Jon Freeman

Photo by Jon Freeman

TENANTS of a Cambrian Street house were left unharmed after a kitchen fire broke out in the top floor of the house at around 12.30pm today.

The occupants of the house, believed to be students, left the house safely. Ron Evans, father of the house’s landlord Gary Evans, told Aber Student Media: “I arrived at 12.41 after being alerted to the fire by the residents, by which point the fire was under control and extinguished soon afterwards. Four tenants were in the house at the time and all left unharmed.”

Four emergency service vehicles were on the scene, including one fire engine from Aberystwyth. Firefighter Arwel Jones said “The fire was confined to the kitchen area and has only damaged the cooker and floor space.”

Once the house was checked to make sure it was safe, the residents re-entered the house at 1.23pm.