VIDEO: Solar panel fire causes evacuation of TFTS building

A fire in a free-standing solar panel has this afternoon resulted in the evacuation of the Parry-Williams building, which is home to the Theatre, Film and Television Studies department as well as BBC Wales offices and studios.

Smoke from the panel is believed to have entered the intake for the ventilation system, meaning the entire building had to be evacuated at 4.30pm.

Fire crews attended and extinguished the fire by 4.45pm. No injuries have been reported.

A member of University staff suggested the fire may have started due to water damage inside the unit, possibly as a result of the poor weather.