Fire on Aberystwyth seafront

A flat on Aberystwyth’s seafront has suffered some minor smoke damage in a fire this evening. The fire started on the ground floor of the property, which is next to the Celtic Bay Hotel. All the occupants of the property, including a woman in a flat above, managed to escape unharmed. The Police and Fire Service at the scene are currently unable to comment or provide any information on the cause of the fire. One witness, however, suggested that the fire may have been a result of negligence on the part of the residents of the flat whom they described as “druggies and smackheads”

We must stress that this incident did not occur in Student accommodation and did not spread beyond the ground floor of the property.